It’s been such a beautiful start to fall, and before I left for Utah and points west, I put together a photo list of some things that made me happy that week. I'd gotten a little frazzled finishing my artist talk for the book reading, and I had a million things to do to get ready for the two week trip. I thought it would be good to slow down and pay attention to the things that made me smile.
1. The bookmark I made for my Dad a looong time ago, found in my family’s dictionary (which I finally unpacked and made a good spot for). Yeah, ok, it made me sad too, but mostly it made me happy. I love that my Dad wrote the date on everything he saved, because now I don’t have to guess when I glued that heart to the popsicle stick.
2. Another “finally:" I'm starting to hang up some of my parents’ artwork on my own walls. I grew up looking at all these beautiful prints and paintings and it’s good to see them again.
3. My newly planted anemones, blooming before hunkering down for the winter. I think they are my favorite flower.
4. The Champ is in the air again! I learned to fly in this magic plane, and now I own it! (Well, part of it, but more about that in another post.)
5. Very tiny pinecones that made their way to the patio.
6. Morning glories winding their way through the patio doors. They’re on the north wall, and it took all season for them to get up the gumption to flower. Note to self: plant them in more places next spring.
7. Waking up with Miss Kid. Under a down quilt. Snuggly!
8. Last tomatoes of the season.
9. A sense of accomplishment! I finished up my artist talk for my book reading out in Utah.
10. First bath of the season. Need I say more?
So what's making you happy these days?